We’re celebrating all things trending now: the looks, the moments and products to know. Here, we show you how to recreate some of the most-wanted looks as created for our campaign by makeup artist Shella Martin.
A winged eye is a classic for a reason – it opens up the eye and amplifies its natural shape, and for those who have mastered it, it's the quickest way to elevate a look. For those who haven’t, a whole lot of frustration and uneven lines await. But to them, and even to winged liner pros, we bring you a look that demands far less precision and provides far more room for play: deconstructed eyeliner.
“A deconstructed eyeliner is my new favourite beauty hack,” says Martin. “It gives you so much freedom to explore.” And she’s right! Choose your colour, choose your shape, then you (and you alone) can decide how low-key or bold you want your look to be.
- Start with the eyes open, etching out an exaggerated shape. Try to keep your expression as neutral as possible when deciding on your shape. This will help you to see what the shape will look like sooner rather than later. I used the Kylie Beauty Kyliner Gel Pencil in Matte Black because it is so soft, gentle to apply and offers so much pigment. Keep a cotton bud and an angled brush (like the MECCA MAX Angled Liner Brush) handy to keep lines smooth and the lengths even.
- Next, add a soft touch of colour and dimension with the Chantecaille Luminescent Eye Shade in Rhino.
- If you feel confident, take the look to the next level by lining the lower lash line with the Kyliner Gel Pencil, buffing it out, and layering the VIOLETTE_FR Yeux Paint Matte in Ciel de Nuit on top.
- To balance out the look, apply a full bodied mascara like the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Mascara in Super Black on your top and bottom lashes.
- I suggest keeping a pretty neutral lip with this look – here, I used the MECCA MAX Gloss Boss Lip Gloss in Cool It.