We’re always celebrating what’s trending: the looks, the moments and products to know. Here, we show you how to recreate the most-wanted looks from our campaign, courtesy of makeup artist Shella Martin.
The bronzed eye just had a huge moment as a key player in the ‘latte makeup’ trend. But, as trends today seem to go, it’s already undergone a postmodernist shift into a whole new look. Borrowing from the gilded lids of yesteryear, it’s time to meet the copper eye.
As makeup artist Shella Martin classes it, this look serves as the “perfect ‘all ages’ bronzed eye” – the classic rich, warm metallic tone, with a copper twist. Plus, it incorporates two of the most popular products of the moment: VIOLETTE_FR’s Yeux Paints in both Matte and Twinkling.
- Starting off using the VIOLETTE_FR Yeux Paint Matte in ‘Caramel Chaud’ all over the eyelid, buff the product out until you reach the brow bone. Extend the product to the edge of the eye to create a soft cat-eye shape. Finish by running any excess product on your brush under the eye.
- With a small eye makeup brush (like the MECCA MAX Bullet Eyeshadow Brush), add the VIOLETTE_FR Yeux Paint Twinkling in ‘Cuivre de l'Aube’ to the inner corner of the eye.
- Then, using the Yeux Paint’s doe foot applicator, line the product halfway across your lower lash line, and then come back through the inner corner and extend the Yeux Paint above it in a ‘C’ shape, buffing that out with the same eye brush as before.
- Curl your lashes twice with the Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler.
- Next, apply two layers of Kevyn Aucoin’s The Volume Mascara to your lashes.
- Get your complexion looking radiant and glowy with the NARS Afterglow Liquid Blush in ‘Dolce Vita’, applied directly onto the upper cheek and pressed in with your fingertips.
- Complete the look by brushing up your brows and applying the Kosas Brow Pencil In ‘Soft Brown’ with light strokes. Finally, apply a few swipes of NARS’ Afterglow Lip Balm in ‘Orgasm’.